There is a lot of difference between residential and commercial electrical services because both of them require a different approach. For instance, residential services require someone who is well-aware of home wiring and the design. Meanwhile, commercial electricians have their expertise in stores, buildings, and other commercial areas, and they are well aware of its wiring structures.
Responsibilities Of Commercial Electricians
- Commercial electricians are responsible for completing the electrical wiring of the workplace and
- They must know using the right equipment at the right time.
- They should also be able to communicate and coordinate with the design team to make sure the electrical work doesn’t affect the overall design.
- They must make energy-efficient plans that are done by using energy-saving lighting and other appliances.
- They should know how to maintain or repair the electrical panel.
Responsibilities Of Residential Electricians
- Wiring according to the design that mixes up with the overall home appearance
- Electrical repairs that start from panel repair to circuit repairs.
- Specialized lighting solutions that make the home feel like home
- Ceiling fan installation
- Emergency services.
So, both of them might overlap with each other, but both are trained in what they do. For instance, you cannot pick a residential electrician to do commercial electric work as he might not be able to complete code-specific requirements according to the building.